18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE
Roseland Golf & curling club
Windsor’s full service recreation facility is comprised of an 18 hole championship Donald Ross golf course, a challenging 9 hole par 3 and a 6-sheet curling rink. We are conveniently located in the heart of the city and can accommodate a wide range of specialty events with a capacity of up to 200 guests. Banquets, tournaments, showers, parties, seminars and casual dining all under one roof. Our wonderful management team and staff are prepared to make your entire experience a memorable one.
Roseland is most pleased to be the home of Canada’s longest running junior golf tournament, the Essex Kent Junior Boys, which has been running continuously since 1928.
2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
In an effort to keep our staff and patrons safe, we have put together a set of guidelines, which must be followed when visiting Roseland Golf & Curling Club.
To ensure that our operation remains safe, friendly and functional during this time please be advised that these are “NOT OPTIONAL” rules and they will be enforced.
These guidelines may be amended from time to time as required, please check our Facebook page or website for updates and follow the directions provided by the staff.
1. If you are showing signs of sickness or have been mandated to be quarantined you are not permitted to golf.
2.Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time. Players register at the guest services station first.
3. Physical distancing must be observed at all times, with a minimum of 2 meters away from playing partners.
4. All players must have pre-booked tee time. No walk-on players will be permitted. Tee Times can be booked online or through phone reservation.
5. Patrons and staff will be Covid-19 screened before entering the property
6. No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted on property. This includes parking lots and golf course, all cooler bags will be checked.
7. Flags must remain in the cup (do not touch). The cups have been modified, and the ball is considered holed when it makes contact with the insert/hole.
8. All rakes and ball washers have been removed from the golf course.
9. Washroom facilities on the golf course are offered. Washroom are available at the Pro Shop and Halfway Hut.
10. The driving range, chipping green are open. Social distancing must be maintained. A green fee or range bucket fee is required to use practice areas
11. Power carts have dividers. Players are permitted to ride two per power cart & MUST WEAR MASKS while seated in power cart. Single carts are available at an additional fee
12. Roseland is cashless to ensure the safety of staff and patrons. Debit & Credit Card only
13. The clubhouse and all common spaces are closed.
14. Beverage cart is now available on the course
15. Limited food and beverage is available at the halfway hut, only 4 players permitted in at a time.
16. Following the completion of your round, please proceed directly to your car to avoid gatherings.
17. Marshals will be monitoring Physical Distancing Rules on the course.
18. Pro Shop is open to only the group that is next on the first tee and limited to 4 people.
19. “Playing Through” the group ahead is not permissible. Please keep your pace.
20. Thorough sanitization of power carts, washrooms, counters, debit/credit machines and touch points will happen during our daily operations.
21. If possible, please bring and use your own alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
22. Handshakes or high fives during or after the round is not permitted.
23 One scorecard per group will be provided at the pro shop at the time of payment.
24. Upon completion of your round, return power carts, to the pro shop area and return to you car immediately or the patio
25. All players must have a set of clubs. Sharing sets is not permitted and rental sets are not available due to covid-19
26. Roseland will pair up twosomes and singles to ensure pace of play. 5 players, ride along or gallery is not permitted.
ROSELAND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair- Mr. Fred Francis
Mr. Gary Kaschak
Mr. Kieran McKenzie
Mrs. Diletta Bello
Mr. Bruce Wintemute
The course formerly known as Roseland Park Country Club was designed by world golf hall of fame, renowned and respected golf course architect Mr. Donald Ross (1872-1948). Ross transformed the North American golf course landscape with ideas from his native Scotland, making the sport more enjoyable and popular. He continued to transform the golf landscape of North America, designing 413 courses.
Roseland was designed by Ross in 1926 and remains true to the original layout. The greens are typical Ross designs pitched from back-to-front, with multiple tiers and with no resemblance between each green. The 6,943-yard par-72 layout challenges any caliber golfer.
The Clubhouse with attached 6-sheet curling rink was constructed in 1979. The course was purchased by the City of Windsor in 1972 and designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 2003.