6 Sheet curling facility open to the public
leagues for all skill levels
roseland curling-2021 /2022
Reservations required: 519-969-5112
6 sheet curling facility open to the public October-March
We offer something to interest everyone:
- Leagues for all skill levels
- Monthly Learn to Curl Clinics
- Themed Bonspiels- If permitted due to pandemic
- Junior Programs- If permitted due to pandemic
- School Group Outings-If permitted due to pandemic
- Special Olympics-If permitted due to pandemic
Public Ice Rental
$150.00 sheet rental for 2 hour time slots (minimum 6 maximum 10 curlers per sheet).
Mandatory instruction for first timers $30.00 (first 20 minutes to go over fundamentals).
Saturdays at 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm
How To Play
Teams are made of 4 people (each player throws 2 stones). Two teams play against each other on one “sheet” (lane) of ice. Time can be saved by pre-arranging teams before you arrive. The four positions are:
- Lead: Goes first in the throwing order, then sweeps all the other team members’ shots – usually has easier shots because there are few stones in play.
- Second: Throws second and sweeps all other team members’ shots – has more difficult shots since some stones in play.
- Vice: Throws third, holds brush (target) for Skip, and sweeps only Lead’s and Second’s shots – has difficult shots as a lot of stones are usually in play.
- Skip: Throws last, holds brush for all other players, tells other players when to sweep, watches the “curl” of the stone – has most difficult shots as all other stones have already been played – team captain.
You will need warm clothes and a clean pair of running shoes.
No experience necessary and all equipment is provided.